Pests are a menace and can interrupt your normal day to day activities. From crawling, creeping, flying to jumping pests, you need a reputable company that offers reliable services. This is a review of the top pest control companies today. You want a company that not only eliminates the pests but also offers support, including educating you on how to keep different pests at bay all year round.
- 24/7 customer support
- They use eco-friendly treatment methods
- 100% satisfaction guarantee on their plans
- Covers 47 states
- They offer additional whole-home solutions, such as moisture control, insulation, encapsulation and more.
• Doesn’t cover all states
This is a multinational company that has been in operation for over 90 years. Terminix offers its services in 47 states, making it the most widespread pest control company in the U.S. They cover a wide range of pests, such as termites, rodents, bed bugs, fleas, ticks. They offer free inspections on most of their services, plus 100 % satisfaction or money-back guarantee. With a BBB rating of A+ and customizable pest control programs, Terminix has maintained the top spot as the best pest control company for a long time.
- Remarkable customer support
- Rigorously trained technicians
- Free initial termite and bed bug inspection
- Effective treatment methods
- Over 115 years in the pest control business
- Offers a variety of pest control services
- Offers several home services
- A bit pricey although most customers found the price to be worth it
- Not available in all states
Orkin has been known for its unbeatable customer support and impressive services for over a century. Their technicians undergo a thorough training program to provide homeowners with efficient pest extermination services. The company utilizes the A.I.M (Assess, Implement, Monitor) process, which means they perform a comprehensive inspection of your property so that they can tailor services to suit your unique needs. Orkin will monitor the effectiveness of the treatment by performing regular checks on your property. Customer satisfaction is a top priority in Orkin. For this reason, they offer free re-treatments if a customer isn't fully satisfied or pests return between treatments. The company also offers home solutions, including moisture control, insulation, and lawn care.
- Environmentally friendly treatment methods
- All year round protection plans
- Unlimited free re-treatments
- Commercial pest control services
- Offers treatment for common household pests only
- Higher prices
- Not available in all states
Aptive started its operations in 2015 and has grown to become one of the leading pest control companies in the U.S. due to their efficiency in pest removal. The company has won several awards, including Glassdoor’s “2019 Best Places to Work”. And as we all know, happy employees mean happy clients. They strive to protect your home from pests’ infestation all year round and the use of eco-friendly pest solutions is an added advantage. Aptive offers solutions that are tailor-made to a customer’s unique needs.
- Affordable pricing plans
- Seasonal or one-time treatments
- Re-treatments at no extra costs if pests return
- Treats a wide variety of pests
- Offers commercial pest control services
- Limited coverage
American Pest company has over 90 years of experience in pest extermination. The company comprises of expertly trained technicians who offer excellent services to customers. Its services are mainly centered throughout Washington D.C., Virginia, and Maryland. American Pest offers treatment for over 30 general pests, including carpet beetles, cockroaches, rats, mice, spiders, mosquitoes, ticks, among others. The company’s services cover both residential and commercial properties, and they guarantee 100% customer satisfaction in all their services.
To Consider Before Your Purchase
We recommend that you always read customer reviews first before making a decision. Different pests require different kinds of specialized treatment. It's, therefore, important to consider the type of pest you're dealing with before picking a pest control company. The reason behind this is that there are companies that are more specialized than others in treating specific pests. For Instance, Terminix is the best termite control company, although they also offer other pest solutions. Additionally, avoid companies that use harsh chemicals that affect the environment and pose a risk for your pets and children. Lastly, the cost of pest control treatment should be a priority. Importantly, check a company’s service plans before hiring them.
- Terminix: Their services are top-notch and customer support is excellent with a customizable pest control program.
- Orkin: The use A.I.M. approach ensures that services are tailored to your liking. The company monitors its treatments to make sure that all pests are eliminated.
- Aptive Environmental: The company uses eco-friendly treatment methods to minimize pollution.
- American Pest: You can select a pest service plan that suits your budget. The company offers one-time or seasonal treatment plans.
What Do They Say on Other Sites
“We have been a customer of Orkin for almost 2 years. This past July they charged my credit card for 2 treatments that were not done, then show up 3 weeks after my SCHEDULED appointment to spray. I called numerous times, emailed and messaged with no reply, or call back. Spoke to the Gm ** who promised the manager would contact me later that day. Here we are 3 days later no call from manager nor a call back from the GM. I called for a retreat. Never contacted me back. Horrible company with even worse customer service. Please use a different company if you're looking for pest control.” (Kara of Kenosha, WI on Consumer Affairs)
“I have been on the phone over 30 minutes trying to get an appointment for emergency service...finally I get someone on the phone and she says Terminix does not have 24 hour assistance....which is clearly on this web site...I never have had such a hard time getting service from Terminix. Very poor service...very poor service. Canceling my service with Terminix.” (Tommy G. on Consumers Advocate)
The site isn't responsible for the opinions expressed by third parties, delegating any legal responsibility to them.