Protecting your home is a top priority when it comes to safety, and choosing the right home security system can sometimes be confusing given the dozens of options that are available on the market. However, what really matters when selecting a home security system is peace of mind and reliability. You want a professional security monitoring system that offers round-the-clock protection. To get you started, here are the best home security systems right now.
If you're looking for a blend of simplicity and top-quality equipment, Frontpoint is the system to go with. It’s the best overall security system that gives you basically everything you'd want in a security system. The system offers five different packages with the base price starting at $99 and the premium package going for as high as $832.84.
The base Safe Home Starter kit comes with a three-year contract and includes two motion sensors, one hub and keypad, three door or window sensors, one door sticker, a set of five window decals, and one-yard sign.
- Basic Protection plan at $34.99 per month
- If you want remote access, it will cost you $44.99 per month
- For the Ultimate plan with video surveillance, you’ll part with $49.99 each month.
- Impressive customer service
- DIY installation, hence no hidden fees
- Home Automation
- 30-day Money-Back Guarantee
- Cellular alerts
- Lack of Landline option
- Inflexible long-term contract
Vivint Smart Home
In a world that’s quickly advancing, you need a security system with a top-notch technology for complete home protection. Vivint offers affordable home automation options to suit your budget. The company even allows you to select a financing option if your current budget doesn’t allow for certain equipment. Despite the advanced technology, it's very practical and easy to use, plus you get a free in-home consultation to help you choose the most ideal system and camera placement. Vivint Smart Home is a more expensive option but with it comes professional installation.
Vivint Smart Home security is top rated among the best full-service home security and automation options. You get standalone cameras equipped with motion detectors that automatically record clips and the ability to view live feeds via a mobile app or the control panel. In addition, the doorbell has highly customizable recording clip triggered by motion.
- Same day installation
- Indoor and outdoor cameras
- Remote access via a mobile app
- Home automation solution
- Doorbell camera with motion detectors and two-way communication
- Efficient equipment
- Lifetime warranty if you choose the premium service
- No DIY installation
- High monthly costs
- Long-term contract
The ADT security brand is a well-established home security system provider that’s synonymous with reliability and efficient services. The company has been offering outstanding services for over a century and has monitoring centers across the country, which means 24/7 availability.
If you're ready to part with a few extra dollars, ADT offers value for money. The security system allows you to control lights, locks, garage door, and other electronics right on your phone. Plus, you can control the thermostat to come home to a nice and warm house. The system works with Alexa and Google Home voice control. What's more, you can expect up to $500 compensation in case of burglary when the ADT system is armed.
Charges start at $27.99 a month to around $60 depending on the monitoring options and equipment you choose.
- 140 years of experience
- Free home risk assessment
- Fast response times
- Multiple monitoring centers to ensure no downtime
- Competitive monthly rates
- Three-year contract (might be too long for some)
- Inconsistent customer service depending on your location
- Technicians have to visit your home
Now, if you want an affordable home security system without a contract, SimpliSafe has got you covered. As the name suggests, SimpliSafe is a simplified home security model for people who simply want a monitoring system.
With DIY installation systems, it gives you the flexibility to install whenever you want, without having to wait for technicians. This makes it ideal for people who rent since you can simply pack the equipment and move without complications.
The monthly fees can be as little as $15 but the price of the equipment varies.
- The most affordable home security system
- Quick DIY installation
- Efficient monitoring features
- Cellular alerts
- Reasonable monthly costs
- No contract required
- You need to pay for equipment upfront
- Limited camera options
Affordability, efficiency, and versatility are the words to best describe Protect America home security systems. You can choose to lock-in your rate to maintain a flat fee for monitoring services.
They offer a lifetime equipment warranty, which means the company will swap out faulty equipment for a new one. Comes with DIY installation equipment with a 30-day trial period.
Monthly monitoring starts from $19.99 to around $42.99 with $0 upfront fees.
- Great packages to choose from
- Customer-first approach
- Lifetime warranty on equipment
- Cellular, landline and Wi-Fi monitoring Cons
- Cellular protection a bit more expensive than competitors
- Landline required for the cheapest packages
To Consider Before Your Purchase
- Choose a security system that makes you feel safe at home and away. For instance, the video doorbell feature allows you to see who’s at the door without even getting close to the door.
- Motion detectors are great options to keep an eye on what’s going on both outside and inside your home.
- Most importantly, you want to consider pricing versus the features. Go for an affordable home security system that offers quality equipment that is reliable. Expensive doesn’t necessarily mean best.
- Frontpoint Security: Best DIY installation and customer support.
- Vivint Smart Home: Best for smart home automation solutions.
- ADT Security: Most reliable home security brand.
- SimpliSafe Security: No contract required.
- Protect America: Most affordable home security system.
What Do They Say on Other Sites
"The system seems to be good, unless there is a problem. The customer service is extremely poor, if it actually exists at all. I have problem with an entry sensor that has never been resolved because I can't contact anyone at customer service after trying for several weeks. There are numerous complaints on their website, and other sites. I will not be activating monitoring, nor will I continue to use this system”. (Willie on Amazon)
“We use it for our small business. Very easy to arm and disarm. We didn’t need technical support”. (Emily on Amazon)