Car tyres play an essential role in your safety on the road. Apart from keeping your car planted to the tarmac, good tyres may help improve performance, fuel efficiency and reduce the risk of a crash. Thing is, car tyres wear out due to daily commute, and sooner or later, you will need to replace them. Usually, different countries have varying driving and road conditions, and local manufacturers make tyres that fit the native roads. That’s why choosing the right tyres for your car is of paramount importance, especially when driving on Indian roads. Here’s a list of the top 5 car tyres for Indian roads.
1. Bridgestone Turanza
If you own a sedan or a middle power sedan, and you love the thrill of speeding, then Bridgestone Turanza is your type of tyre. These tyres are built for top speeds and performance, both in wet and dry conditions. Bridgestone is a well-known brand and with this type of tyre, you can be guaranteed of quality driving and safety on the roads. The advanced technology used to make Turanza gives it a unique tread structure that ensures maximum grip even at top speeds. Prices range from Rs 2,350 – Rs 21,500.
2. Apollo Amazer
The bad road conditions in India should not deter you from going on trips. All you need is a good set of tyres like Apollo Amazer. Built to last long and resist puncture, you can trust these tyres to give you good service for thousands of kilometres. The Amazer has high impact resistance, designed specifically to handle bad roads. With headquarters in Gurgaon, India, the tyres are manufactured with the native road user in mind. Everything from the tread pattern design to material used to tread structure has been modelled to suit your everyday needs. In turn, you get to enjoy a smooth ride (both on wet and dry surfaces), fuel efficiency, low noise, and satisfactory grip. Prices range from Rs 2,230 to Rs 3,400.
3. MRF ZVTV
Optimized for city use, MRF ZVTV tyres are designed for improved braking, handling, and performance. The makers use maximized rubber in tread pattern for better grip. As a result, the tyres can handle braking and cornering with ease, giving you a comfortable ride. The tyres are built for durability and, according to their websites, they give you a warranty for five years. MRF ZVTV tyres are compatible with all types of cars and are available in different sizes. Their price ranges from Rs 2,205 to Rs 5,064.
4. Michelin Primacy
The Michelin Primacy tyre range is made to withstand bad road conditions, especially in wet conditions. The stronger bonding of rubber ensures an excellent grip when the tyre is in contact with the wet road, thus improving your driving comfort. The interlocking brands between tread blocks are designed to minimize pumping sounds as the tyre lands on the road, giving you a silent ride. Michelin Primacy car tyres are suitable for sedans, hatchbacks, and cross-overs, and it’s also a well-known and widely used brand across the world. Price ranges from Rs 6,585 to Rs 16,260.
5. Maxxis MA-P1
Now, here are tyres designed to handle every road condition. The aggressive tread design prevents the tyres from hydroplaning, making them perfect for wet conditions. Maxxis uses a high-quality rubber compound to allow for a firm grip on all surfaces. The compound improves braking efficiency at high speeds. The high strength sidewalls are designed to provide better stability for long journeys. Maxxis MA-P1 uses radial construction type to ensure longevity and greater durability on the road. The aggressive tread pattern enhances the tyre performance in terms of handling and steering, which improves your driving experience not only on urban roads but also on long drives. Available in different sizes, Maxxis MA-P1 have low noise levels and the price starts at around Rs 2,458.
6. Yokohama GEOLANDAR A/T-S
If you go off-road a lot, Geolandar is your type of tyre. It uses Enduro compound, which allows the tyre to remain pliable on every temperature, hence increasing durability and handling. The Edge Tec grooves and Triple 3D sipes are made for long life, and the tyres come with a warranty of up to 60,000 miles. Geolandar tyres are best suited for SUVs, and their prices range from Rs 5,360 to Rs 15,860.
To Consider Before Your Purchase
- Build quality – each tyre brand has a different build quality. Depending on the roads you will be using most, choose tyres built for strength and resistance.
- Tyre size – consider the tyre size that is suitable for your car type. The tyre formats come in the form 165/65R14, where 14 is the diameter of the rim, 65 is the height of the sidewall, represented as a percentage, and 165mm is the width of the tread on the tyre.
- Tubeless vs tubed – tubeless tyres use advanced technology and are safer than tube-type tyres.
- Bridgestone Turanza – tyres built for speed and performance on all road conditions.
- Apollo Amazer – these are built for endurance, resistance, and performance.
- MRF ZVTV – these tyres are optimized for city driving. They have good grip for easy braking and cornering.
- Michelin Primacy – they are designed to handle bad roads. With low noise levels and longevity, these tyres ensure your drive is comfortable, whether around the city or on long journeys.
- Maxxis MA-P1 – the aggressive tread structure gives the tyres a good grip on all types of roads. The strong rubber ensures that you can drive comfortably even on wet roads, without fear of hydroplaning.
- Yokohama GEOLANDAR A/T-S – with these tyres, you can expect better braking, easy handling both on wet and dry surfaces, and long life.
Any thoughts? Let us know your comments!
The site isn't responsible for the opinions expressed by third parties, delegating any legal responsibility to them.