Mirrors can be used to trick the eye into thinking a space is actually bigger than it looks. Apart from adding a kind of light or shine to the room, mirrors create a sophisticated and harmonious interior that can instantly change how a room looks. Mirrors have been used in interior design for as long as we can remember. They are still on top of the list for designers in 2021, and today we bring to your attention the top mirrored bedroom furniture trends for 2021.
Oversize mirrors won't be going out of style any time soon. According to designers, the slogan 'the more the better' seems to take a new meaning with fashionable styles that involves huge mirrors in the bedroom. At first glance, oversize mirrors may appear to be excessive. But, it has a way of enlarging the space or equipping an accented wall to create a more visual appeal. The trick of using huge mirrors is how to match them with the room décor. Without proper care, you can easily overdo it. According to expert designers, the following tips will help you decorate your bedroom with the right mirror size:
- The room has to have a natural texture or be surrounded by simple accessories.
- Try using huge mirrors in bedrooms with minimalistic ceiling lamps.
- The room should ideally have small metal shelves and consoles.
- Preferably, use large mirrors in a room sporting rustic style or laconic wooden furniture in Scandinavian.
- The walls of the room should be made of polished concrete or painted with light paint.
It's hard not to come across round mirrors in most bedrooms. This charming old-fashioned trend seems to be picking up pretty fast in 2021. The good thing is that designers are offering round mirrors but in a new stylish way. Some models now sport a leather belt suspension. Hanging (captain’s) mirrors are not new to the market. In fact, the style was invented in the 50s by designer Jacques Adnet when decorating the Hermes fashion house’s interiors. To date, the trend is still as powerful only this time it has impressive modern twists. It makes for a unique accessory to any bedroom. To make it even more charming and easily adaptable to your interior design, here are a few tips to consider:
- Using chain suspensions adds a vintage or retro look.
- Use rope suspension for a nautical and Scandinavian style.
- Use leather belt for modern, loft, or minimalistic look.
- Use a thread or large beads for art deco.
We have seen lots of stunning designs in 2021 that inject new life into a rather dull bedroom. These mirrors with unusual designs add spectacular detail, uniquely changing interior décor. These designs are open-ended, meaning you can use your creativity to create anything you want. In other words, you have the freedom to explore as much as your imagination allows. Here are ideas to help you get started:
- Opt for mirrors that form animal figures.
- Choose mirrored glasses mounted in badminton or tennis rackets.
- Check out square mirrors framed in polished tree branches.
- Accessorize mirrors in mosaic tiles style.
Venetian mirrors are practical and beautiful. Over the years, accessories with elaborate, voluminous frames have become popular and still exude a luxurious and expensive look. They add accents to modern rooms and still manage to look classy. You can combine Venetian mirrors with most modern decorations without going overboard. There are several options to choose from. Here are a few of them:
- Frames with floral motives.
- Flattened exquisite silver-colored frames.
- Geometric patterns.
- Geometric shapes, e.g., octagon and rectangle.
Generally, mirrors have a reflective effect that gives the impression of increased space. When choosing the right mirror to use in your bedroom, it's advisable to take your time to research the best shapes, patterns, and styles that will fit your interior décor. Pay attention to surrounding accessories to evaluate the kind of color that you’ll use on the frames, for instance. You can choose to go bold or minimalist - whatever style suits you to bring out your true imagination. There are no limitations when it comes to decorating your bedroom. From mirrored 3D panels to combinations of small mirrors of various shapes, you can create unique and incredibly stylish compositions to give your room a stunning look. The important thing is to take your time assessing the styles you want to create and the impressions you want your rooms to have. Whether you want a modern, futuristic, vintage, or retro look, you will find endless designs to choose from.
Any thoughts? Let us know your comments!
The site isn't responsible for the opinions expressed by third parties, delegating any legal responsibility to them.