Generally, there are hundreds of different brands of steam irons to choose from. Each steam iron performs different purpose from laundry to garment steaming to quilting. When you begin the search for the best steam iron, you will be carried away by the fascinating features they contain. However, just before you rush to buy that steam iron, it’s helpful to have a look at the reviews first. This article will give you a comprehensive up to date review of the best steam irons in the market to aid you when purchasing. So, here are the top 4 steam irons in the market.
1. Rowenta DW5080 1700-Watt High Quality
Rowenta DW5080 is a German made steam iron that removes wrinkles from any fabric. It has a stainless steel soleplate that contains 400 holes for steam, no wonder anyone who uses this iron says that ironing is a pleasant chore. Also, this device is very efficient because it distributes steam over a wide area and has a precise tip that allows you to maneuver easily between button, along seams, and over collars. The lifespan of Rowenta is well catered for since it has an anti-drip design that prevents spitting and leaking thus lasting longer. Additionally, this iron has a safety feature, such as quick automatic shutoff if left horizontal or tipped over.
- Excellent steaming
- Quality steel
- Effective in removing wrinkles Cons
- It’s heavy, although can be beneficial for some.
2. BLACK+DECKER (Digital Advantage Professional Steam Iron)
Did you know that this is one of the best-selling steam irons? This iron is a product of Black+Decker brands which are known for high-quality items. Digital Advantage Professional Steam Iron comes with a heavy-duty soleplate that presses creases with ease and has an LCD screen for adjusting the steam and fabric setting. This alone shows how Black+Decker brands have tried to bring innovation and comfortability to their devices. This model comes with seven heating settings which are way more than what other irons offer. The settings and temperature can be adjusted for each fabric to provide the desired results. Not forgetting the enhanced automatic safety measures to ensure smooth operation.
- Excellent in blasting of wrinkles
- Reaches temperature quickly
- Smooth soleplate
- Shuts off automatically Cons
- Hard to observe water levels
- Steam control location is a concern for accidents
3. Sunbeam Steam Master Steam Iron GCSBSP-201
This steam iron is a highly rated device that is affordable and with it, wrinkled clothes don’t stand a chance anymore. By using this product, you achieve professional ironing results with ease. Sunbeam steam iron is designed in a way that it delivers powerful shots of steam and it can be used to eliminate wrinkles in hanging clothes as well. It generates 1,400 watts of power and has a dual spray mist implying that you can remove even the stubborn wrinkles without a hassle. For safe operation and convenience, sunbeam steam master has an eight-foot retractable cord. Plus, this iron doesn’t require you to drain your wallet since it’s the best budget option.
- Non-leaking iron
- Retractable Cord
- Large water tank
- Powerful steam Cons
- • Colored plastic which makes it difficult to see through
- • Front of the iron can melt if too hot.
4. Panasonic NI-L70SRW Cordless Iron
Reviewers of Panasonic cordless iron say that it delivers big! With this device, ironing becomes a fantastic chore to perform. The model generates 1,600 watts of power and offers wrinkle-free performance. Its soleplate is well curved and has an anti-drip system feature. Panasonic cordless iron also has features like three heat setting, vertical steam options, adjustable steam and self-cleaning.
- Convenient to use
- Powerful steam output Cons
- Has only three heating steps while some irons have more
To Consider Before Your Purchase
- Go for iron with consistent steam output: Consistent steam by just a push of a button is what you should be looking for. In fact, the high the volume of steam per minute, the better. This way in case of any stubborn creases, you will be able to deal with them comfortably.
- Practice using the right temperature for your fabrics. If it’s silk or nylon cloth, set the iron to be cool (110 degrees Celsius), wool and polyester require a warm iron (150 degrees Celsius) and lastly denim and linen require a hot iron (200-250 degrees Celsius).
- Be on the look for scratch resistant soleplates. Non-stick soleplates are the best for excellent ironing. But stainless steel plates can be used too.
- Rowenta DW5080 1700-Watt High Quality: Easy to maneuver through any type of fabric. Has excellent safety measures to assist the user.
- BLACK+DECKER (Digital Advantage Professional Steam Iron): Is a high tech iron designed with other settings such as temperature control.
- Sunbeam Steam Master Steam Iron GCSBSP-201: It’s pocket-friendly and provides professional ironing results. Panasonic NI-L70SRW
- Cordless Iron: Excellent setting features as opposed to most steam irons.
What Do They Say on Other Sites
"I'm a little OCD when it comes to irons so when I say this iron is worth every penny of the $ 50 bucks --trust me it is. What a concept --there is a setting that keeps the steam coming without pushing a button!” (John on Amazon)
“Have used Rowenta for years. I iron everything, sheets, undershirts, hankies - just because. Rowenta has never let me down. This has a huge amount of steam vents and irons beautifully. Likely a bit heavier than some, but it feels good in the hand and does a great job of pressing clothes. I would recommend without hesitation and definitely purchase again.” (LiteralyLady on Amazon)
The site isn't responsible for the opinions expressed by third parties, delegating any legal responsibility to them.