Watering your lawn is one of the key secrets to keep it looking lush and beautiful. Gone are the days when you'd rely on rain or traditional watering cans to keep your garden healthy. The climate is warmer and it will take more work, especially if it’s a large garden, to keep the lawn green. Luckily, you can make watering your lawn easier by getting a lawn sprinkler. Not only will these gadgets save you precious time, but also the effort of watering your lawn by hand. If you're looking for the best garden and lawn sprinklers in 2020, this guide makes your shopping a little less stressful.
Melnor XT Turbo Oscillating Sprinkler
If you're looking for a sprinkler with a wider range, you won't go wrong with Melnor XT Turbo Oscillating Sprinkler. With adjusters to control the sprinkling pattern, it's capable of watering a maximum coverage of up to 75 feet – all you need to do is slide the range control levers to your desired position. You can also adjust the spray pattern from left, right, or center. The one-touch adjustment technology, patented exclusively to Melnor, can control the watering pattern from 10 feet to 53 feet wide. The knobs, which work more like a zoom, make adjusting how wide you want the sprinkler to cover a breeze.
- A choice of more than three styles with different adjustable controls
- Covers a large garden
- Turbo-drive motor for extended life
- Sturdy design with clog-resistant rubber nozzles
- Easy adjustments of knobs and controls
• Ideal for large lawns
Nelson 58322 Traveling Sprinkler
Nelson 58322 Traveling Sprinkler is a fully automated sprinkler that can travel along 200 feet of hose. It's self-propelled and you can create a custom path for it to follow. It has a three-speed control – from high, low, and neutral – that sets how fast you want the water propelled, which controls how saturated you want your lawn to be. The watering arms can also be adjusted to cover up to 55 feet wide and the large back wheels allow the sprinkler to move with ease on any terrain. And one more thing, it has an automatic shut off feature so that you don’t have to wait and switch if off after use.
- Highly durable
- It's self-propelling
- The auto-shutoff feature prevents water wastage
- Uses the power of your water supply to travel around the lawn
- You can customize the path, meaning you control where you want to be watered
- Highly flexible with a wide coverage of up to 55 feet in diameter
- According to several users, the sprinkler might not always follow the hose and also, it might not always turn itself off.
How about a lawn sprinkler with a night and day detector? The Orbit 62100 offers both options, which means that you can choose the setting you want for different times of the day. It's equipped with a 120-degree arc motion sensor so you can choose night only, day only, or other options. This makes the sprinkler highly flexible since you can decide when and how your garden is watered. Orbit 62100 is designed with intelligent sensing technology for optimal battery and water usage. Plus, it helps keep unwanted animals away, therefore protecting your garden from animal damage. The sprinkler lasts long with up to 7,500 activation cycles on just four AA batteries.
- Protects your garden from unwanted animals
- Built for stability and durability
- Long-lasting performance on AA batteries
- Day and night settings
- Up to 40 feet coverage
- Could do better with an option to disarm, especially if you want to pass through the area.
GrowGreen Garden Sprinkler 360 Degree Rotating Lawn Sprinkler
For a gardener looking for a versatile and powerful sprinkler, GrowGreen will suit your needs. It has adjustable nozzles capable of spraying in any direction. It's easy to set up and you control the rotation speed by controlling the speed of the water pressure from the hose. The base is weighted so it doesn’t move around when it's at work. Additionally, it's designed to reduce water wastage and built to last long.
- Provides maximum coverage for your lawn
- The base is heavy to keep it in place when in use
- High-quality material for durability
- Can be turned into fun sprinkler sets for you and the kids on a hot summer day
- According to some users, the sprinkler broke after a few uses
Gardena 1951 Small Area Sprinkler on Spike
The Gardena 1951 Small Area Garden Sprinkler on Spike, as you guessed it, is designed for those with a small garden or lawn and its bottom is spiked. This means that you can place it absolutely anywhere you want to be watered. It's a budget-friendly but also high-performance sprinkler. It's ideal for watering delicate plants such as flowers and vegetables since it generates mist sprays and can cover up to 1,000 square feet at full capacity.
- Backed by 12-month parts and labor warranty
- Highly suited for smaller areas, but can cover up to 1,000 square feet
- Small but versatile and powerful
- Generates mist spray that’s gentle for delicate plants
- Made of plastic, which means it can break over time
Your choice of a garden or lawn sprinkler will depend on several factors, including the size of your lawn, ease of use, the material used to build the unit, and the specific needs of your garden or lawn, for instance, if you want to fend off unwanted pests. Additionally, the water pressure should be factored in since using a sprinkler that can't handle higher pressure, of say 30 psi, might burst the pipes.
Any thoughts? Let us know your comments!
The site isn't responsible for the opinions expressed by third parties, delegating any legal responsibility to them.