When it comes to securing your home, you would automatically go for quality and reliable home security systems. However, good value is also a factor to consider since it gives you some peace of mind. Nowadays, you will find a lot of cheap options which could be tempting considering what they are promising to offer. But how do you tell which is the best home security system to go for? Due to improved technology, almost all home security companies have embraced the latest automated technologies from door locks to lights to thermostats to lawnmowers, all can be controlled at the comfort of your smartphones. After a comprehensive review and comparison, we’ve come up with the best home security systems in American. Let’s check them out.
SimpliSafe (Best DIY Installation)
If you want the flexibility of pausing your monitoring for a month here and there, then SimpliSafe is what you should buy. You can get the home security system without a contract and the best option if you’re on a tight budget. By buying this device, you lower your cost of monitoring and the equipment is less expensive than most competitors. Plus, it offers the same services and security as any other home security system. Also, SimpliSafe has more industry experience which is something every homeowner should consider before buying a home security system.
- Easy DIY installation
- Low monthly rates
- Award-winning monitoring
- No long term contracts
- Wireless equipment
- Cellular alerts
- Environmental disaster protection
- The alarm works without monitoring
- 60-day equipment trial
- Equipment expense upfront
Vivint (Best Home Automation)
Vivint stands out from the rest due to its technology and home automation options. This security company stays up to date with smart home tech, lowered down customer plans and unique high-end equipment. It prioritizes home automation among other things. Their customer services have improved over the years and they have introduced flexible payment options so that you can get home security without a contract.
- Number one leading home automation equipment
- No-contract option available
- Mobile access with multiple plans
- Inexpensive base plan
- Medical pendant support
- Large upfront cost with a contract-free option
Frontpoint (Best Overall)
Out of all the home security companies we have, Frontpoint stands out as a clear winner. It offers very good value for money and an exceptionally high level of customer services like none other. It doesn’t matter what time of the day or night you call, there is always someone patiently waiting to attend to you. Another thing is that, you don’t have to wait the whole day for professional installation, you can easily set up the system yourself. The equipment comes preprogrammed and all you need to do is install by peeling and sticking.
- Optional indoor, outdoor and doorbell cameras
- 100 percent wireless device
- 100 percent cellular connection (with Wi-Fi backup)
- Environmental dictator protection
- Great customer service
- Price lock guarantee
- No activation fee after moving
- Long term contract
ADT (Best Reputation)
ADT is a well-known home security system because of its availability, reliability, and the services it provides. ADT has set up multiple centers for monitoring across America, thus lowering the chances of an outage. The company has been in business for 140 years and remain to be a reputable go-to company for home security system. When you buy their device, you will receive emails and phone support on a 24/7 basis with installation been done on the same day. In case of a home breakage, you will receive $500 cover if you have an ADT system.
- Affordable monitoring packages
- Cellular or Landline connection options
- Basic home automation
- Optional life and safety products
- Popular among homeowners
- Industry-leading six months money-back guarantee
- Wireless or hardwired systems
- Long term contract
To Consider Before Your Purchase
- Power outage. A home security system should continue to function even after a power outage. You might find some that go off whenever the electricity goes off. This isn’t the ideal system you should be buying because it doesn’t offer security requirements every homeowner is looking for.
- Size matters. For small apartments and condos, a compact system may work better. But if you need to secure a larger house, you should go for a network that can handle more information and monitoring.
- Frontpoint (Best overall): exceptional customer services and good value for your money.
- Vivint (Best home automation): provides best home automation options and an up to date technology.
- ADT (best reputation): a highly reputable company that has existed for 140 years.
- SimpliSafe (best DIY installation): an easy to install equipment and very affordable.
What Do They Say on Other Sites
"Jamison was the BEST! I don't usually respond to surveys unless the service is really good or really bad. Jamison was really good and a credit to Vivint. He never made mention of a survey. He was clear and listened to me. Told me what was possible and what was not and came up with solutions to make me happy! " (Robert Basle on Trustpilot)
“Simplisafe is very easy to set up. My Son set it up in about 20 minutes. It works great and has a nice clear picture, easy to arm and unarm. The only thing I was disapointed in was it will not concet to my phone. I have an older smart phone android. It coneccted to my sons new android phone and to my daughter-in-laws iPhone just fine. It is a good thing they live with me. I guess I will have to buy a new phone.” (Amazon Customer on Amazon)
The site isn't responsible for the opinions expressed by third parties, delegating any legal responsibility to them.